ORCHESTRA INSTRUMENT Courtney Fung Cello Philip Andrango Bassoon
CHORUS Voice Peter Alex Bass II Raquel Blumenstein Soprano II Arlecia Ebert Soprano I Brianna Giese Soprano II Grace Govostis Alto II Adrian Herath Tenor II Angelica Jungman Soprano I Bridget Sullivan Alto I Allyssa Timko Alto I Caroline Todd Soprano I
JAZZ BANDS Instrument Nishanth Sadagopan Trumpet
* Congratulations to all who auditioned at ILMEA. All honors students should please begin working on your Honors Recital piece. Please get a copy of your solo piece to Mrs. Boso as soon as possible. Also, be prepared to begin rehearsing you piece with your accompanist by November 1st. I have attached the recital lists to this email. Please double check which date you will be performing. Also, begin working on your honors essay. The instructions for the paper are in the attached honors requirements. The papers are due by Thanksgiving. Please turn in your lesson sheets at the end of first semester before winter break.
* We are still taking deposits for the New York band trip. Please send in a check for $200 to secure a spot on the trip. It will be an amazing experience and we would love to see many of our students participate. Please see attached information about the trip or visit www.hinsdalesouthband.com. The second payment for the trip is due the week of October 24th.
* We kicked off our Cheesecake fundraiser today, 10/13/16. Money and orders are due 11/1/16 and the cheesecakes will be delivered on 11/15/16. Cookie Dough fundraiser orders will be delivered on October 27th, so please arrange for pick-up that day.
* The first playing test for Symphonic Band will start November 7. Symphonic Band, the packet for your seating assignments/playing test for November 7, 2016 can be found on the website (www.hinsdalesouthband.com). Please prepare the first 6 lines of the scales sheet and the first half of the first etude. In the packets, the first etude is the one that comes right after the scales sheet.
* The first playing test/chair placement audition for concert band is ongoing. Please find the audition music on the website on the honors audition music page. Please let us know if you have questions.
* The Hinsdale South Band will be participating in the Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade. I have attached a tentative itinerary for the day so you can see what the timeframe looks like. This is an amazing opportunity for our band to perform on national television and in front of several hundred thousand people live. We need all of our students to participate to put the best performance forward.
* Our next Music Booster meeting will be Thursday November 3rd in the band room at 7pm. Please attend if you are able, we would love to have a lot of parents attend.
* Jazz Band 2 will rehearse Wednesdays and Fridays. Jazz Band 1 will rehearse Tuesdays and Thursdays. Combo will rehearse Monday’s at 8am. Please be to class on time on the days you rehearse. We will add sectional days as needed. Please see attached rosters for seating.
* We have outstanding lesson teachers here at Hinsdale South. Our outstanding school and department are great supporters of the music department. It is really important for you to take advantage of the excellent lesson teachers that have been made available to you. Lessons are very affordable, only costing you between $12-16 per 1/2 hour lesson. If you would like more information about our lesson teachers, please feel free to email or call me. Your student can just sign up for a lesson on the sheets right outside Mrs. Baxmeyer’s office door.
* Please copy and paste the link below and add your cell phone number to the Hinsdale South Band Remind text message updates. I will send out periodic updates through Remind so this is a great way to get instant information. Follow the instructions from the link below. https://www.remind.com/join/mrmaag
* Parents, please copy and paste the link below to add your cell phone number to the Hinsdale South Music Boosters remind. The will send out information about competitions and things related to the boosters. https://www.remind.com/join/kh3che
* You can also follow the Hinsdale South Hornet Band on Twitter and Instagram. Please follow on twitter and Instagram and tell all your friends so you can stay even more informed with tweets from the Hinsdale South Band! @HSHSHornetBand Twitter @HinsdaleSouthBand Instagram
You make me proud everyday to be a Hornet!
Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Hornet Band Pride!