Here is the latest news and information about the Hinsdale South High School Hornet Band.
* Thank you everyone for an awesome IHSA solo and ensemble contest Saturday March 4th. I cannot thank you enough for your hard work preparing and for your great performances. We earned 306 points as a band placing us 5th for all bands in class AA. Now just think how well we would have done if trumpet players could remember their original music.
* The Music Department Pops Concert is next Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017. This will be an amazing event with great music from the Choirs, Band and Orchestra. The Music Boosters are looking for volunteers to help with the refreshment table. Please control click on this link http://signup.com/go/Lp4nmEto volunteer to bring something. The band will be rehearsing on Wednesday during 2nd and 3rd periods. All band students are excused those periods as we prepare for the concert that evening. The concert is at 7:30 pm in the auditorium.
* New York trip information: We leave for New York on Sunday March 26, 2017 at 2:30pm. Please be at school at 2:00 pm so we can prepare to load the buses. I am attaching a final itinerary to this email so you have the information. Also attached are the rooming list and things to bring list. These are just for your information. The link to sign up for your bus seat is here. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8HfEQQxA-HcHE1cFdxVFB1SEk?usp=sharing I am also including a discipline and chaperone requirement sheet. Parents and students, please look this over and be aware of the consequences of poor decisions. If you have any questions about the trip, please email or call. If you have not completed your forms, please do so ASAP. Also, if you still need to make a payment, please do it as soon as you can.
* Parent Teacher conferences are on 3/23/17 at 6 pm.
* Summer band rehearsals and band camp are posted on the calendar on the website. The dates for that have been established. We will be working on finalizing the concert dates for next year in the coming weeks. Please let me know if you have questions.
* We have outstanding lesson teachers here at Hinsdale South. Our outstanding administration and school board are great supporters of the music department. It is really important for you to take advantage of the excellent lesson teachers that have been made available to you. Lessons are very affordable, only costing you between $12-16 per 1/2 hour lesson. If you would like more information about our lesson teachers, please feel free to email or call me. Your student can just sign up for a lesson on the sheets right outside Ms. White's office door.
* Please copy and paste the link below and add your cell phone number to the Hinsdale South Band Remind text message updates. I will send out periodic updates through Remind so this is a great way to get instant information. Follow the instructions from the link below. https://www.remind.com/join/mrmaag
* You can also follow the Hinsdale South Hornet Band on Twitter. Please follow on twitter and tell all your friends so you can stay even more informed with tweets from the Hinsdale South Band! @HSHSHornetBand
You make me proud everyday to be a Hornet!
Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Hornet Band Pride!