Here is the latest information for the Hinsdale South Hornet Band.
* Our next football game is today, Friday, September 23, 2016. The Hinsdale South Hornets will be taking on Proviso East at 7:30 pm in the stadium. Marching band report time is 6:15 pm to dress and warm up. This is Homecoming. Please remember to have black socks, drillmasters and everything else you will need. Dressed and ready outside at 6:30pm. Seniors will take their banner pictures today.
* Thank you for an awesome middle school band night this past Wednesday. We really enjoyed the event and appreciate your hard work and attendance.
* Cookie Dough fundraiser order and money due on Monday, September 26th. Orders will be delivered on October 27th, so please arrange for pick-up that day.
* We are now taking deposits for the New York band trip. Please send in a check for $200 to secure a spot on the trip. It will be an amazing experience and we would love to see many of our students participate. Please see attached information about the trip or visit www.hinsdalesouthband.com.
* Our music boosters are hosting a fundraiser at Chick-fil-A on Thursday October 6, 2016. Please come out and eat at Chick-Fil-A and benefit the music department. There will also be opportunities to earn additional prizes. We will need some students to volunteer to run the prize machine.
* The Hinsdale South Music Department will be hosting its second mattress fundraiser on Saturday 10/8/16 from 10am-5pm in the cafeteria. Every music student will receive flyers and coupons to advertise the sale to their family, friends, neighbors and complete strangers. I have attached the flyer for this event. It should be a great way for students to earn money for trips!
* Jazz Band 2 will rehearse Wednesdays and Fridays. Jazz Band 1 will rehearse Tuesdays and Thursdays. Combo will rehearse Monday’s at 8am. Please be to class on time on the days you rehearse. We will add sectional days as needed. Please see attached rosters for seating.
* If your student ordered new marching shoes, please send a check to HSHS for $27. Thanks.
* Honors results are attached to this email. Congratulations to all who auditioned, they were wonderful. If you were selected to perform at ILMEA auditions, please continue to work on the audition music for October 11 at Carl Sandburg. If you were not selected to audition for ILMEA, please begin working on your Honors Recital piece.
* We have outstanding lesson teachers here at Hinsdale South. Our outstanding school and department are great supporters of the music department. It is really important for you to take advantage of the excellent lesson teachers that have been made available to you. Lessons are very affordable, only costing you between $12-16 per 1/2 hour lesson. If you would like more information about our lesson teachers, please feel free to email or call me. Your student can just sign up for a lesson on the sheets right outside Mrs. Baxmeyer’s office door.
* Please copy and paste the link below and add your cell phone number to the Hinsdale South Band Remind text message updates. I will send out periodic updates through Remind so this is a great way to get instant information. Follow the instructions from the link below. https://www.remind.com/join/mrmaag
* Parents, please copy and paste the link below to add your cell phone number to the Hinsdale South Music Boosters remind. The will send out information about competitions and things related to the boosters. https://www.remind.com/join/kh3che
* You can also follow the Hinsdale South Hornet Band on Twitter and Instagram. Please follow on twitter and Instagram and tell all your friends so you can stay even more informed with tweets from the Hinsdale South Band! @HSHSHornetBand Twitter @HinsdaleSouthBand Instagram
You make me proud everyday to be a Hornet!
Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Hornet Band Pride!